So you’ve heard about SMS marketing, but you’re still skeptical and wondering if it’s the best move for your business. Well, you’re not alone. Many business owners and marketers seem to steer clear of SMS marketing, at least in the beginning. This is because they think it’s too intrusive and might scare customers, plus they don’t want to risk getting it wrong. However, the truth and reality of SMS marketing paint an entirely different picture. SMS marketing is extremely powerful and could be what helps take your business to the next level.
Why Are So Many Organizations Embracing SMS Marketing?
Are you wondering why many organizations are turning their attention to SMS marketing? The answer is pretty straightforward; organizations need a secure, quick, and direct channel to communicate with their customers. And SMS marketing provides businesses with precisely that. Add to that; people tend to have their phones with them all the time, some even when they sleep. So you can imagine having access to the one thing that every phone has – the short text message app.
Launching A Successful SMS Marketing Campaign
SMS marketing is undoubtedly a powerful direct marketing tool. But before you jump on board the SMS marketing cruise ship, you might want to make sure that you know how to play by the rules. After all, just because customers gave you their cell phone numbers doesn’t mean you have their permission to send them business SMS. Lucky for you, here are tips to help you get SMS marketing right the first time:
– Make It Opt-in: This is perhaps what could determine the future of your SMS marketing campaign. Never blast your customers with messages out of nowhere without asking for their permission. Encourage your target audience to opt-in and send messages to only those who authorized you to do so.
– Timing Is Crucial: You are already aware that almost every text message get’s opened. However, timing is crucial, and you’ll want to send out messages when they want to make purchasing decisions. For instance, if you run a restaurant, you might want to send out text messages only three times a day when your customers are thinking about what to eat.
Is SMS Marketing Still Worth Your While?
It’s easy to overlook the power of SMS marketing, but there has never been a better time for small businesses to take note of SMS marketing. Here’s why:
1. Excellent Open Rate: The average email open rate is about 20%, whereas that for text messages is a whopping 98%. There’s no denying that SMS marketing has an excellent open rate.
2. Instant Communication: People often tend to read virtually all their text messages within seconds. So unlike emails, you can be sure that your message will be immediately received and read.
3. Unmatched Personalized Communication: The text messages can be tailored to suit your customer base. This customization is built around purchase behavior, location, name, and even demographics.
SMS marketing is an excellent way to connect with your customers and grow your brand, and it’s time you put it to work.
The Key Benefits Of SMS Marketing For Small Businesses
Hundreds of thousands of businesses open every year. So to get ahead of the competition, small business owners must reevaluate their marketing campaign. And one of the most promising marketing strategies is bulk SMS marketing – and it’s easy to see why. So if you thought of ignoring text marketing or believed that SMS was just a means of making announcements, it’s time you changed your perspective.
Did you know that 96% of Americans own a cellphone? And 98% of SMS get read? Given this, it’s hard to continue sitting on the fence regarding the issue of SMS marketing.
What Is SMS Marketing?
Bulk SMS marketing is an efficient way to communicate your marketing campaign promptly, be it confirmations, coupons, reminders, sales, or alerts with a predetermined group. SMS marketing is suitable for all industries, including restaurants, and give’s your business the opportunity to directly reach consumers – of course, with the added advantage of your target audience being able to text you back. Here’s an overview of how businesses can use SMS marketing:
– Advertising opening hours
– Announcing new stock, offers and other sales
– Delivery updates
– Requesting feedback
Benefits Of SMS Marketing
1. It’s Cost-Effective
SMS marketing is not only highly effective in delivering your brand message, but it is also a very cheap channel for marketing your brand. SMS marketing is quite affordable, regardless of how many customers you want to reach or where they are. This makes SMS marketing quite attractive to small businesses that might not have a big advertising budget.
2. It’s Instant
Unlike other means of advertising like letterbox marketing, you can be confident that as soon as you hit the send button, your target audience will receive the text message right away. Text messages are typically sent within seconds, which makes them perfect for alerts, announcements, exclusive offers, and other time-sensitive messages. Also, even if a phone is switched off, the message will still be delivered once the phone is switched back on.
3. Easy To Customize
SMS marketing offers incredible versatility, and you can pretty much customize your content any way you want to suit your target audience. You can choose what time to send text messages and even personalize messages. Personalized text messages foster loyalty among your existing clients because they make them feel special.
4. Clear & Precise
Another benefit of SMS marketing is that text messages are short and get straight to the point. Therefore, customers won’t be left wondering what kind of message you were trying to deliver. Also, the fact that they are short and precise makes the open rate pretty high since people know that they are not long and tedious.
One of the most amazing benefits of SMS marketing is automation. For starters, SMS marketing does not can be done even by a novice and does not require any special skills. Also, you can schedule text messages to be sent at a specific time and date so that they can reach your customers at the right time.